Only nineteen days until Christmas! I’ve put together a Christmas Day Celebration Meal for everyone who has Crohn’s and Colitis so you can enjoy the meal as much as everyone else. Danielle Walker of Against All Grain has many amazing paleo creations on her website that are great for Christmas morning and for the supper festivities that everyone looks forward to all year. Below you will find some links to her site. Celebrations cookbook is her newest and it is filled with celebratory meals. Along with NomNomPaleo and PaleoLeap recipes too.
Stuffing – It calls for her Celebrations Cookbook Corn Bread recipe but it will also work using the bread recipe below.
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cubed
- ½ pound turnips, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of cracked pepper
- Fill a pot with cold water and add the parsnips and turnips. Bring to a boil, then partially cover and cook for 15 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain the vegetables then transfer to a food processor.
- Add the chicken broth, butter, sea salt, thyme, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
Merry Christmas! ~Andrea